If you have curly hair then you know frizz can sometimes feel inevitable. Because our hair is naturally more dry than other hair textures, it’s becomes frizzy much easier. It took some time, but I’ve finally gotten a great frizz-free wash and go routine down pact and I’m so excited to share it with you all! For those who don’t know, a wash and go is washing your hair as normal, then wearing it in its natural curl pattern.
Check out my wash and go routine for minimal to no frizz and moisturized, defined curls below. 🙌➰
1. Wash with DevaCurl’s no-poo cleanser at the roots ONLY. Because the scalp is the area you really want to focus on, you don’t want to drag the shampoo or no-poo down throughout your hair to your ends. This will cause dryness and frizz. When washing out your shampoo, it will naturally cleanse the rest of your hair.
2. Condition with DevaCurl’s one condition conditioner AVOIDING the roots. Because conditioner is a heavy mixture, if placed on the scalp it will weigh down your hair and you will lose volume. Make sure to section off your hair and rake it throughout to ensure even moisture and distribution which will lead to minimal frizz.
3. Style using Shea Moisture’s curl & style milk avoiding the roots. Again, the only things you ever want to place on your roots are oils and shampoo. Anything else will weigh down your hair. Section off your hair again once out of the shower, then rake your favorite styling cream or gel throughout.
4. Lock in moisture using Shea Moisture’s monoi oil. You can use any oil of your choosing for this. I like monoi personally because I have naturally oily hair, and it isn’t too heavy or oily on my scalp.
5. Begin drying with a microfiber towel by scrunching out excess water from ends to roots. This part is ESSENTIAL to frizz-free hair. Regular towels are harsh on curly hair and will cause a ridiculous amount of frizz and breakage. You can also use a cotton tee for this step.
6. Finish drying with a diffuser on its coolest setting. You don’t want your diffuser to be on hot because that will damage the hair follicles, leading to frizz. You can also air dry to ensure even less frizz. I like diffusing best because it gives me maximum volume.
7. Spray DevaCurl’s set it free moisture lock all over dry hair to ensure maximum moisture. This is great for winter months in particular when your hair is more prone to drying out throughout the day.
Bonus: Make sure NOT to touch your hair with your hands until it is completely dry. Touching while wet will cause unnecessary frizz and will ruin your curl definition.
The end result is moisturized, frizz-free, defined curls 😍
If you want to see more posts like this, make sure to LIKE this one! Share your personal hair tips in the comments below xx ❤️