Slaying your makeup is all well and good, but at the end of the day, your overall look will not be where it could be if your skin isn’t on point. Skincare is one of the most important steps in looking your best. Trust me when I say I wasn’t blessed with grade A skin. It took me a long time to get it where it is today. The key is finding a routine that works well for YOU and responds to YOUR skin type. That certainly takes some time, but once you figure it out and *stick* to it on the regular, your skin will thank you in a big way.
Today, I’m sharing my skincare routine with you, in case you’re looking to try something new and reinvent your skin! Remember, everyone’s skin is different and this is simply what works best for me. 🙂
My skin type – Combination: Dry or normal in some areas and oily in others.
- Wash face – Cetaphil daily facial cleanser + Vanity Planet face brush
- Tone – Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner
- Serum – Banish vitamin C serum
- Moisturize – Neutrogena oil free moisturizer
Nighttime routine (more advanced because your skin repairs at night)
- Wash face – same as morning cleanser
- Exfoliate – St. Ives oatmeal scrub + Vanity Planet face brush
- Face mask – I alternate between Studio 35 Beauty’s facial clay mask, Fango’s purify mud mask and Dermatologic Cosmetic Labratories’ hydrating treatment mask depending on what my skin needs!
- Tone- same as morning toner
- Serum – Dr. Hauschka night serum
- Moisturize – Buckler’s overnight recovery cream
- Eye cream – e.l.f. illuminating eye cream
- Acne spot treatment – Neutrogena on-the-spot acne treament
Note: I only use the spot treatment when I have a breakout and I only exfoliate and use a face mask twice a week so that my skin doesn’t dry out! If your skin is on the dryer side I would recommend doing the same.
Drop your favorite skincare products in the comments below! xx ❤